I have been warning about inflation over and over for the past six months and the way things are looking, it will be a continuation of this topic as we move ahead. No one should be surprised so, why are folks surprised? In my book, “Money Plain and Simple; What the Institutions and the Elite Don’t Want You to Know” the ordinary person saw what is happening and took measures to weather this inflationary storm. Weirdly, some people think they have so much money, that this will not affect them. This is true, in a sense, as the more money you have, the longer you can endure the storm. Usually, it is the elites and those who prepared for these times that will be less impacted.
So, now you are feeling it at the gas pump? Most of us are, especially the folks with the big trucks and high-performance cars. Reports say that gas prices have increased by 40%! We can list all the items here but the bottom line is that this is now costing the average American family an extra $276 per month ($3312 per year).
What else is in store for us? As I said earlier, there will be more inflation. Sounds fun…what else? How about more taxes? Why? Trillions of dollars have been loaned to the government and our politicians have guaranteed that we will repay the loans they made.
What is the government doing about this? I saw our President pitching the idea of more about a bill for borrowing even more to spend more. He claims it will reduce inflation. Hmmm. Do we have to say yes to this to see if it will not work? Can we get a refund when it fails? The obvious economics is plain and simple, you cannot spend yourself into prosperity. No matter who says you can. This is Keynesian Economics and is not sustainable.
What can you do to shield yourself? This is not a one size fits all answer! Everyone has their own ‘starting block’ in this race and some are positioned behind or ahead of others. This is why YOU must educate yourself to make the right decisions for you and your family.
- Speak with someone from Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Lebanon, Greece, or any of the Soviet Bloc countries. The stories will be very similar. I know that for some of these countries, the people had to cope by spending their cash, as soon as they received their pay, on things they needed for the month. Otherwise, the prices would change a lot and were so high by the end of the month that they could not buy as much. The currency devalued noticeably every 30 days.
- Understand what is happening in the economy. Add to the mix what the government is doing or has done by creating shortages of goods and services. Consider the mass firings of people due to mandates or even just paying people to not work. Let’s not forget the Great American Walkout of 38 million people quitting their jobs. Businesses cannot compete with the government. Regardless of your political position, the truth is if something is not being produced, it will not be available to sell. Therefore, it cannot be bought.
- Have a basic understanding of the Federal Reserve and its role in the economy. What actions they will be forced to take and the consequences to come from those actions. Hint: This is how we got to where we are right now!
- Can you own assets? What is an asset? Some have ‘more’ than others, so an asset could be an extra can of beans or a bag of rice to some, or stacking physical gold / silver, to owning real estate. Again, this is not a one size fits all answer.
- What does your debt look like? Are you carrying a lot of credit card debt? If so, and other bad debt (loans with adjustable interest rates) need to be eliminated as quickly as possible or re-structured to a fixed rate. And at all costs, resist the temptation of the easy credit to buy stuff / vacations that you don’t necessarily need at the moment. What the Federal Reserve plans to do is raise interest rates and this will be seen in the adjustable credit market.
There is a term the wealthy have and they look for opportunities like this. Unfortunately, it is called “Blood in the streets”. They are out there like sharks circling. They justify their actions by believing that “it’s just business”.
There is more to this story…it does not end here.
U.S. inflation in January surged at fastest rate in 40 years
Read The CBS News Article here: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/inflation-consumer-price-index-january-2022/